PERCUMA!!!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Proton Waja 4G18P

1st thing in my mind when i bought my car home (previously my brother's car), i want to change the color. State in grant it was in SILVER Color and by Proton's color code it was called 'Aquatic Blue'. The original one looks nice for me when new. But i decide to give the car a new life and fresh look. By the way, the car did slave herself for 8 years and clock more than 250,000km. Affect from the sunburn, of coz la, harm her body a little. But the engine still running well due to excellent service interval history. For suspension issue, only went to kakimotor and plug in the Ultra Racing front strut bar.

Other problem? only the famous among proton cars, power window. Luckily now in the market available new type of power window made by aluminium. To counter the cheapo plastic type. But still burn my wallet for RM180 per piece.

Next i'm dreaming of wat kind of color i wanna change, maybe diamond black, alpine white or ferrari red. Pening already.

After made some searching, in blog, car domain webpage, on the road, finally i got my ultimate decision.



See my car after the jump





Rear view!!

Photobucket




From Left..

Photobucket




Front Right

Photobucket


Before i send my car to the spray shop i decide to make some interior color change, i wanna make it black. Just found some new cool product name Otter Fibre Color.



Does well for leather and pvc sheet but poor for plactic material. The color not bonding at all and easily scratch out. Currently interior job not properly finish. KIV.


But i have to dismantle some of the interior unit. Check it out! After the jump

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket






Then i put all the dismantled parts in my house and get ready to send my car.

Photobucket

Here they are. I choose Dupont Paint to protect my car. But the old body color have to sand out first.

Photobucket

Sanding process......
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket





Base coat in progress..

Photobucket


Photobucket


After oven baked, my car ready for bumpers fitment..

Photobucket

Photobucket

THe New LoOk!

Photobucket

Ready to ride

Photobucket

All done and the color soo beautiful. There are some reddish pearl effect sheen on every curve. For your information i choosed the color code from mazda color line. Its called Galaxy Grey (32S). B4 this i decided to go for honda galaxy grey, but the pearl effect is greeny and the grey color looks more to brown not grey. I wanted the grey color.

But after one Mazda 3 (white color) over take me on highway, i'm thinking that it's better if i choose the color from mazda line up. And i fall in love.

For those who still searching for ideal color code, i recommend this for you.

The next stage modification still in my research n development. Anyone wanna give a hand ? or share anything ? please do contact me =D....

1 comment:

  1. nice bro. you sprayed outside and inside or outside only? if i want to change outside only (silver grey) to persona SE 'Blue Haze', is it illegal or will have any issues later when selling the car?

    ReplyDelete

Author

I am a technologist who constantly likes to tinker. As my love for technology grows, so does my desire to share it with those around me. My writing centers around technologies that cause real change in people's lives. I focus on the fields of automotives, web services, consumer electronics, and hardware/software.

Nuvo's Brite Side

Followers